It is important to know how to care for your new flooring. Below are some guidelines to follow to when caring for your new floor:
Sherwood Flooring will warranty the workmanship on your installation for one year after install. Please read the following information carefully.
Please remember that these types of flooring are a product of nature and therefore not perfect. Accepted industry standards permit a defect tolerance not to exceed 5%. The defects may be of a manufacturing or natural type.
- It is important to ensure your humidity levels are within the 35-50% range. This can be controlled with the use of humidifiers (during the dry seasons) and dehumidifiers/air conditioners (during the humid seasons).
- Remember any in-floor heating must not exceed 85 degrees Fahrenheit (29 degrees Celsius).
- Grit and dirt can scratch your floor. Always clean your floor with the cleaners approved by the manufacturer. The use of water and/or vinegar will cause damage, resulting in loss of warranty.
- Sunlight exposure will cause subtle changes to the shade of any wood floor. This is not a defect. It is advised to relocate furniture and area rugs to provide even changes in shading.
- Squeaks and gaps are humidity related. Cracks are not covered by install warranty; these are also humidity related. We would be happy to inspect any cracks and advise you how to proceed.
- Appliances cannot be moved without the use of floor protection, such as Glide Guards.
- Felt pads and floor protectors are required under furniture to minimize scratches.
- Damage, such as dents, scratches and stains etc. are not covered by warranty.
- The industry standard for a floor inspection is to observe the floor from a standing position with normal lighting.
Never let water stand on the floor for any length of time. This will cause swelling/bubbling. Wipe up spills immediately.
Remember every piece of wood is different. This is apparent in the grain, colour, knots, etc. This means that during the installation process, the floor will be laid in a random pattern.