It is important to know how to care for your new flooring. Below are some general guidelines to follow to when caring for your new floor:
Sherwood Flooring will warranty the workmanship on your installation for one year after install. Please read the following information carefully.
Please remember that accepted industry standards permit a defect tolerance not to exceed 5%. The defects may be of a manufacturing or natural type.
- It is important to ensure your humidity levels are within the 35-50% range. This can be controlled with the use of humidifiers (during the dry seasons) and dehumidifiers/air conditioners (during the humid seasons).
- Remember any in-floor heating must not exceed 85 degrees Fahrenheit (29 degrees Celsius).
- Grit and dirt can scratch your floor. Always clean your floor with the cleaners approved by the manufacturer. The use of water and/or vinegar will cause damage, resulting in loss of warranty.
- Sunlight exposure will cause subtle changes to the shade of any wood floor. This is not a defect. It is advised to relocate furniture and area rugs to provide even changes in shading.
- Squeaks and gaps are humidity related. Cracks are not covered by install warranty; these are also humidity related. We would be happy to inspect any cracks and advise you how to proceed.
- Appliances cannot be moved without the use of floor protection, such as Glide Guards.
- Felt pads and floor protectors are required under furniture to minimize scratches.
- Damage, such as dents, scratches and stains etc. are not covered by warranty.
- The industry standard for a floor inspection is to observe the floor from a standing position with normal lighting.